Here at Jarrang you’ll hear us talk a lot about data. Why? Because with every business we work with we see a direct correlation between how successful they are and how good
their data is.
To start with we’re concerned about two types of data, what we call ‘primary’ and ‘secondary’ data. Primary data, like the information you hold on your internal databases, allows us to understand your customers and secondary data, information from systems such as Google Analytics, allows us to understand how they interact with your business.
It’s not necessarily the quantity of the data that matters, what’s far more important is the quality. Let’s start by answering these questions:
- Apart from basic information, how much do you know about your customers? Do you know how often they buy? Who your best customers are? How much each customer is worth to you?
- Where is your data stored? Is it in the back end of your website or an external CRM? Is it easy for you to integrate it with your marketing channels?
- How is it updated? Is everything automated and in real time or do you rely on manual processes?
- How useable is the data? Do you have the information you need to send targeted, relevant and personalised communication to your customers?
The last point is the crux of being able to use your data more effectively. The best marketing campaigns are the ones where the right message is delivered to the right person, at the right time and through the right channel. Without useable primary data it’s impossible to do this.
Once you’ve done the work to understand your customers then it’s imperative to grow your understanding of how they interact with you.
Try to answer the following:
- Where do your customers come from?
- What digital channel has the best conversion rate?
- Where is your lowest cost per acquisition?
- How good is your persona analysis?
- What makes your customers engage with you?
Now be honest, how many could you answer? These are just some of the questions we ask our customers in order to get the best insight into how their customers interact with them.
By delving into your Google Analytics, email reports, social media insights and persona analysis we’ll help you build up a 360-degree view of how your customers behave and engage with your business. By analysing this secondary data you’ll be able to see your most popular channels, your conversion rates and your most successful campaigns.
So how well do you know your business? We want to help you build up this insight so you can deliver the right message to the right people at the right time in order to turn your data into sales.